Tuesday 30 April 2013

It's Raining and I'm New

Hey there,

I'm MJ. I have thought of creating a blog for a long time, to hone my "writing skills" (which I think are non existent) and also so share my view of the world to the world. I ramble. A lot. I may start a post about something and end up talking about something else.

I'm also very emotional, though I never show it outwardly. My posts may vary from totally estatic about something to utterly depressed. Please bear with me... I'm very scared of showing my emotions to people because I used to do that and ended up really hurt. More on that later (maybe).


So here I am, 24 and starting to blog, I hope someone somewhere reads it. But if they don't, that's ok too. I just want to be brave enough to start a blog and commit to it.

Right now I'm at work and I'm starting this precisely because of it. It's not that I don't like my job, but it's very administrative (is that a word?). I just wish I had a more creative job. See, I'm smart, some might say (like my boss) that I'm very intelligent and that I learn fast. Which is true, I have a very steep learning curve, but my being "smart" is not something that I'd like to use or be for a job. I'm also creative, and that's what really moves me in life. I love art and anything to do with it. You name it, I've done it. Gymnastics, Music, Choir, Acting, Crafts..........Arts is what I want to do. And while I'm writing this, I'm realising that if I want it, I must make it! No more procrastination. I'll start my baking tomorrow :)

Ha. As if it were that easy. I am currently living in a country where everything is getting harder and harder. Which is the reason why I'm keeping this job and quitting Uni. Oh yeah, I used to be an anthropology student at UCV (Central University of Venezuela in Spanish). Actually, I'm not all that bummed out about quitting (again). I took a sabbatical last year to pursue acting, which I did to great results and I went back this past semester. But because of political issues in the country and health issues with my ankle, I talked to my mum and dad and they agreed it's best if I retain my job and quit schooling for a while. It's ok though, what I actually want to study is palaeontology and in this country, that's actually a Post-Graduate career, which means I'd have to do 5 years of anthropology and then 3 more of palaeontology....In other countries you can just go and study dinosaur bones and be done with it. Though I love anthropology, it's very interesting. It's really the most complete career ever. Anyway, I've always said I'll be a palaeontologist when I'm 40, so I have time. Not much, but some.

Hey! Look at that! I've written a lot! Gotta leave some for next posts, no?

It's raining a lot and I'm worried because I have to leave in 1.30hrs to go to CIRQUE DU SOLEIL with my mum!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! I got the tickets in november as a birthday present for her, which was last week :-) and I took her (and yours truly) to the salon yesterday so we could look pretty in the pictures.....

Will try to post tomorrow!

Thanks for reading ghosts of the internet!

XO

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment